Proper preparation is also the key to good results, your car will be snow foamed to dissolve all the dirt and grime, de-waxed to remove any old polishes or waxes that maybe hiding more defects, decontaminated to remove road tar, rail dust and more – and then taped up with 3M automotive tape to protect the trim, rubbers and other areas that are sensitive. This preparation takes time but ensures the very best results – most other "detailers" do not bother.
BDS is continuously researching and developing with other professional detailers over the world to continuously improve and keep us updated with paint technology. We uses only the latest and current techniques chemicals and equipment from Germany, USA , Japan and South Korea. We also endorse using the best global brands such as Rupes, Sonax, Meguiars and Gyeon Quartz. These are highly effective on nearly all paint finishes including single stage, clear coat and even the latest ceramic-clear paint systems such as BMW is currently using. We also use specialist lighting to be able to see all of the paint imperfections, and ensure we focus on every area of your car, this lighting imitates sunlight which as any enthusiast knows shows off paintwork to its very best or very worst!
After permanently renewing your paint, BDS will then detail the rest of the exterior of your car, and protect your paint with the wax, paint sealant, or ceramic coatings of your choice. This will finish and protect in that deep, clear gloss ensuring it remains longer and makes it easier for you to wash and keep your car immaculate.
Once paint correction is completed professionally, good paint correction can last for many years, it is not something that needs to be repeated frequently – proper washing, protection and maintenance are the key to keeping your paint in excellent condition.
Here at BDS, the paint correction process generally goes:
1) Snow foam as pre-wash to loosen up contaminants
2) 2-bucket system hand wash with Grit guard to ensure the wash mitt is always be dirt free.
3) High pressure rinse
4) Car will be dried by using a microfiber weave drying towel and compressed air. (We don't recommend using chamois "shammy" to dry the car because thats one of the major reason it causes swirl marks.
5) Application of iron removing agent such as Iron from Gyeon Quartz to remove any bonded iron (ferrous)
6) Application of fine/medium grade clay bar treatment to remove any above contaminants.
7) Inspection of paintwork and doing a test spot before carrying any work, this is crucial. A lot of "detailers" skip this step and use the heaviest step to save time
8) Stages of machine polish with rotary/DA to remove paint defects
9) Protecting (Last Step Product/LSP) the perfect paintwork to protect it. This is done after the machine polishing step.
Choices of LSP on top of paint correction
- Ceramic Coatings